IOSH Working Safely
This one day IOSH training course is for a maximum of 15. It has been created to suit any employees who need a basic grounding in the essential requirements of workplace health and safety.
1 day, maximum of 15 delegates per course
Delegates will cover the following course content:
- Introducing Working Safely
- How to define hazards and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving the organisations safety performance
- How to protect the environment
Upon completion of the course, attendees should be able to appreciate the role of workplace precautions and the impact of industry on the environment, they will be able to list ways in which individuals and organisations can reduce environmental impact.
They will additionally be able to:
- Explain the consequences of failing to work safely for individuals and organisations
- Define hazards, risks and risk controls
- Explain the importance of risk assessments
- Describe the benefits role that a health and safety management system plays in the workplace
- Appreciate the importance of emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work, accident reporting, inspection, monitoring personal protective equipment, safety signage and first aid.
Delegates will undergo a 30 minute written assessment and a hazard spotting exercise at the end of the course, upon successful completion of these tests, an IOSH accredited certificate will be issued.