Fire Warden (half day)
This half day course complies with the Regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005 / Fire Scotland Act 2005.
3 hour, maximum of 12 delegates per course
To instruct staff responsible for an enhanced level of Fire Safety awareness to undertake duties associated with a Fire Warden’s role.
Delegates will be aware of and understand legislation, statistics and the dangers of fire; the duties of employers and employees; fire risk assessments and the three steps of fire safety. They will also have training and practical experience in fire extinguisher operation.
Who Should Attend?
All supervisors/ team leaders and those given designated responsibility to assist with the evacuation of staff in the event of a fire.
- Course aims and objectives
- The role of the Fire Warden (responsibilities)
- General fire safety and fire precautions
- The importance of fire escape routes and smoke travel
- Practical firefighting – (Practical Fire Extinguisher Training)
- Course debrief and any questions